Saturday 28 December 2013

Surgery on a Blusher!

Hi all,


Today my cousin and her boyfriend came from Spain for late Christmas/New Year! They're currently out for a walk so this is the only opportunity I have to blog now.

A few days ago I ordered the Baylis & Harding 'Wild Rose and Raspberry Leaf' box set from Amazon as a late Christmas present for my mum and dad (yes, my dad, he enjoys his baths.) as they only got one present (a wine tasting), and it came this morning! I was very pleased with the delivery as it took only two days, which is fantastic really.

In yesterday's post I talked about my new Sleek blush in 'Rose Gold'. I trialled it yesterday for a few gruelling hours as I cleaned and bought bananas, and I liked it apart from the cracks around the edges and the middle. I went to put my makeup on this morning, and I dropped it.

*Insert slow round of applause*


Yes, I dropped it. It now was everywhere in the pan so I couldn't shift it too much otherwise it would go all over my lovely white carpet. So, I had to fix this.

I got the blush compact, the anti-bac foam and a plastic spoon, and I was good to go.

This is a good tip that I learned from various websites. You can use rubbing alcohol, vinegar (which, I, personally wouldn't recommend) or even hand sanitizer.

The blush's before state



So I opened the compact and crushed the blush into a powder using the spoon. I then took the anti-bac and squirted a bit onto the spoon, dolloping it onto the blush. This wasn't enough, so I continued until the blush had a very thick layer of foam covering it.

I then left it for five minutes, which after I removed the foam and pressed down on the newly-moist (good word, moist) blush to create a layer that would completely fill the pan.

I gave it a blast with the hairdryer, left it to airdry for an hour, and... voila!

The blush's after state

It looks really nice, as if the original thing. There are a few bits that are uneven but hey, no cracked blush!

I cleaned up the edges of the compact a bit and did a swatch. The colour seems to be the same as yesterday, with the same pigmentation.

I'll leave you with a final swatch of the newly remade blush, before signing off. 

Anna. 

No comments:

Post a Comment